This project is read-only.

Code is "changing itself"

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I wanted to play with your code and make a few mods (for example, adding a .zip backup before making the changes). 

A few strange things are happening.  If I add a new button to filepicker.

Before:

this.replacements1 = new UI.Replacements();

After:

this.replacements1 = new SmartRename.UI.Replacements();
this.cmdZip = new System.Windows.Forms.Button();

Something is adding the "SmartRename" in front of the .UI.Replacements();

which gives this compile error:

Error    2    The type name 'UI' does not exist in the type 'SmartRename.SmartRename'    Z:\Source\External\SmartRename\SmartRename\FileList.Designer.cs    42    50    SmartRename

Then sometimes when I open FileList.cs usercontrol, instead of getting the GUI designer I get this error:

Could not find type 'SmartRename.UI.Replacements'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.  

The variable 'replacements1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
Hide    Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

I'm going to try to work around, but I was wondering if you saw any behaviors like this when developing.

Thanks,

Neal Walters

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:50 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM

The machine I inherited did not have VS2005 SP1, so I'm going to see if that alleviates the issues.

Neal

Update: SP1 was installed.  I'll try upgrading your solution to VS2008.  Also getting lot's of errors with some file in use by another process.